Mrs. Abimbola Ademola-Bawaallah
Abimbola Ademola-Bawaallah (61st President ) Chairperson Social Services is a Lagos state indigene, was born in Ibadan, Oyo State.
Her descendants have roots and linkages between the lineage of Oba Akinsemoyin of Lagos, Oshodi Tapa of Epetedo, Aka- Bashorun of Lagos Island and Bashorun families of Epetedo, Lagos State.
Her father, the late Alhaji S. A. Bashorun, a renowned banker, was redeployed from Union Bank PLC then known as Barclays Bank, as a pioneer staff of the Central Bank of Nigeria. He retired as the Banking Adviser to the Governor of Central Bank, third in the line of hierarchy of management staff of the apex Bank.
Abimbola’s mum, Late Alhaja S.A. Bashorun was the great granddaughter of the Late Oba Akinsemoyin of Lagos, granddaughter of Late Odanle of Oshodi Tapa and the daughter of the late Sanusi Aka-Bashorun, the 1st Bashorun of Lagos.
Abimbola Ademola-Bawaallah is the sixth (6) child in a family of ten(10)
She attended Holy Child College, Obalende after which she proceeded to the United Kingdom and initially obtained a Diploma in Banking from the South West London College in Tooting, England, before She obtained a degree in Business Administration and a Diploma in Advance Management from the University of Lagos. She also has a Certificate in Public Relations from the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations.
She started her career with United Bank for Africa in 1975 as an Accounts officer and was deployed to Branch Banking where she worked briefly as an Assistant Accountant and then as an Accountant in various Branches for about half a decade. Based on her attributes and wealth of experience in the Banking Industry she was deployed to the Training Division of the Bank where she worked as a trainer and head of unit for Ten (10) years.
While in the Training Division, she was appointed a member of the panel of Employment and Promotions Committee. She was later deployed to Corporate Development Division of the Bank, where she worked as Head of various Units.
Finally, She was redeployed into Branch Banking and became the Branch Head of the Adeola Odeku Branch where she retired as a Senior Manager in November, 2003 having worked meritoriously for over 25 years, to manage her private business,Abi –Akbar Ltd
Mrs. Ademola-Bawaallah is very resourceful with ability to take initiative, an excellent team player with sharp analytical mind, effective oral and written communication skills. Above all, she is honest, proactive and creative with a strong leadership personality.
Abimbola Ademola-Bawaallah is currently a Business Consultant to an Oil Service Company, a Director with Associated Insurance Cooperative and a Non Executive Director of a Multinational Dredging Company with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port-Harcourt.
Abimbola Ademola-Bawaallah joined IWS in the year 2004.
She has served and is still serving in various following positions as an Executive member:
- # In 2007, she became the Treasurer of IWS. A position which she held till 2012. Her good knowledge of record-keeping and accounting was very valuable in this capacity as it allowed her, effortlessly, to streamline effective account report writing of the IWS.
- # 2013 – 2015, served as Chairperson of Social Services Project.
- # 2016, She served for one year as an Ex Officio
- # 2017, She was the Vice President of IWS
- # 2018, She became the 61st President of IWS
- # 2019, She served as the Immediate Past President
- # 2020, She returned to the Executive as an Ex Officio and later took up the position of the Chairperson, Social Services project till date.
- She has been on the Executive Committee for fifteen (15) consecutive years.
- Mrs. Ademola-Bawaallah is currently a member of the following Professional Associations:
- – The Chartered Institute of Bankers
- – The Nigerian Institute of Management (Associate Member)
- – The Nigerian Institute of Public Relations
Abimbola is happily married to Babajide Ademola-Bawaallah with children and grandchildren.
Her favorite mantra is – “while there is life there is hope”.